We believe that eliminating barriers between institutions here and abroad is essential to creating new knowledge and to exploring innovative solutions to the world's most pressing problems. We work to achieve this by extending Berkeley's global reach through international research and institutional collaborations.
The Global Engagement Office is the central international office at UC Berkeley. We facilitate and coordinate global engagement at UC Berkeley by:
- Serving as a central hub for global activity and clearinghouse for international resources.
- Supporting Senior Administration to advance Berkeley’s international operations and strategy.
- Liaising with international partners to facilitate engagement with campus units.
- Hosting and connecting international delegations to UC Berkeley faculty and staff.
- Ensuring the success and sustainability of international partnerships by advising units on best practices and guidelines for international agreements and partnerships.
- Bridging international conversations across campus through the International Activities Coordination Group (IACG), the Berkeley International Group (BIG), and serving on campus committees and task forces.