Global Engagement Office
We believe that eliminating barriers between institutions here and abroad is essential to creating new knowledge and to exploring innovative solutions to the world's most pressing problems. We work to achieve this by extending Berkeley's global reach through international research and institutional collaborations.
The Global Engagement Office facilitates and coordinates global engagement at UC Berkeley by:
- Serving as a central hub for global activity and clearinghouse for international resources.
- Bridging international conversations across campus through the International Activities Coordination Group (IACG) and the Berkeley International Group (BIG).
- Liaising with international partners to facilitate engagement with campus units.
- Hosting and connecting international delegations to UC Berkeley faculty and staff.
- Advising units on best practices and guidelines to ensure the success and sustainability of international partnerships.