Global Engagement Office
UC Berkeley Travel Protocol Information
Travel for UC Berkeley faculty, staff or students on University business to countries designated by the U.S. Department of State as having a Level 4 travel advisory(link is external) (i.e., Do Not Travel) requires a two-step approval process first from their Dean and then from the Vice Provost for Academic Planning.
Click here for detailed information regarding travel protocols to State Department Level 4 and Level 3 locations, along with special announcements from UC Berkeley and UCOP regarding international travel.
UCOP Guidance regarding COVID-19
UCOP Q&A relates to:
- All members of the campus community
- What leaders, managers and supervisors should communicate
- UC essential travel
- General travel
- Guidance for returning UC individuals
- UC-affiliated child care centers
- Preparing for a COVID-19 outbreak
- Distribution of masks (N95 respirators)
- What to do if you become symptomatic (fever, cough, etc)
- FMLA and CFRA rights
- Guidance regarding doctor’s notes
- Remote work policies
- Sick and Administrative leave
- Academic employees
- UC-initatied quarantines and isolation
- Privacy and Duty to Report
- Duty to report COVID-19 cases
- Responsibilities of local and state health departments
- Guidance for health care providers regarding students’ personal information
We believe that eliminating barriers between institutions here and abroad is essential to creating new knowledge and to exploring innovative solutions to the world's most pressing problems. We work to achieve this by extending Berkeley's global reach through international research and institutional collaborations.
The Global Engagement Office facilitates and coordinates global engagement at UC Berkeley by:
- Serving as a central hub for global activity and clearinghouse for international resources.
- Bridging international conversations across campus through the International Activities Coordination Group (IACG) and the Berkeley International Group (BIG).
- Liaising with international partners to facilitate engagement with campus units.
- Hosting and connecting international delegations to UC Berkeley faculty and staff.
- Advising units on best practices and guidelines to ensure the success and sustainability of international partnerships.