International Agreement Resources & Guidelines
An international activity is an activity involving teaching, research, creative activity, or public service conducted outside the boundaries of the United States or involving foreign institutions. International activities include, without limitation, the establishment and operation of projects and programs for educational, instructional, training, clinical care, artistic, fundraising, and public service purposes, as well as the establishment of International Operations and International Subsidiaries to enable or facilitate such activities.
GEO provides the following resources for faculty and staff involved in international partnerships:
- UC Berkeley's Guiding Principles for International Partnerships.
- Process and guidelines for establishing or renewing international agreements.
- Examples of successful international partnerships and programs that extend beyond traditional international exchange programs or peer-to-peer research collaborations.
- Guidance on UCOP policy and UC Berkeley International Activity policies, guidelines, best practices, and resources.
- International Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) review process, partner vetting, signing ceremonies, and agreement templates.
- Up-to-date database of active international MOUs across campus.