With international travel grinding to a halt across the UC system in 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically impacted UC Berkeley’s international operations and programming. Please join the Berkeley International Group for a panel discussion with key international leaders across the campus, including representatives from the Global Engagement Office, Berkeley Study Abroad, Summer Sessions, and UC Berkeley Extension International Programs. Our colleagues will share their perspective on the opportunities and challenges the pandemic has presented to their work and programs, as well as predictions about what the future may hold for their work and international higher education.
UC Berkeley COVID-19 International Operations Briefing
The state of global programs and international diplomacy
Join us to learn from our colleagues what opportunities and innovations they have observed despite the obvious challenges of COVID-19. Panelists will also share their thoughts on the future of their area of expertise in international higher education.
This session is open to UC Berkeley faculty and staff only.
- Darin Menlove, Vice Dean, UC Berkeley Summer Sessions and Study Abroad
- Jessica Bauer, Deputy Director, UC Berkeley Summer Sessions
- Scott Shireman, Associate Dean and Chief Operating Officer, UC Berkeley Extension
- Vanina Granell, Director, International Student Services, UC Berkeley Extension
- Ashley Spinelli, Senior Global Engagement Specialist, Global Engagement Office